Theatre Tulsa Young Artists
Theatre Tulsa Academy now offers an additional educational opportunity for Tulsa’s elite youth performers.
The inaugural class of the Theatre Tulsa Young Artist program will consist of an intimate group of the most talented theatre students from the Tulsa area, ages 16-18.
Our goal is to provide our teens with professional-quality training that will prepare them for college level training and help launch them into a career in the theatre. This course features:
- Weekly Seminars – During the 12-week seminar program, students will receive an in-depth education in audition technique, college preparation, and professional etiquette, as well training in musical theatre performance and repertoire selection. Weekly seminars and one-on-one coachings will be led by Theatre Tulsa’s Education Coordinator, Pete Brennan. Weekly seminars will be held on Mondays from 6pm-9pm starting January 14th.
- Promo Reel – Over the course of the program, students will fine-tune their performance abilities, and participate in a showcase-style video recording session. The resulting footage will be edited into high-quality promo reel footage that can be utilized while submitting for professional theatre opportunities and college pre-screening.
- Live Showcase Performance – The Young Artist Program will culminate in a live showcase performance at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. Students will be given the opportunity to perform a program curated specifically for their talents as solo performers, as well as members of our Young Artist ensemble.
- Mentorship Program – Each member of our Young Artist Program will be paired with a working professional actor from around the country as a mentor. These mentors will provide support and encouragement to our young artists by answering questions, offering real-time industry insight, providing performance critiques, as well as engaging in topical discussions via group skype sessions.
- Other opportunities include, but are not limited to, occasional local pop-up performances, invitations to Theatre Tulsa mainstage auditions (regardless of age restrictions), study-cover opportunities for mainstage lead roles when appropriate, and more.
Acceptance into this program is by live audition only. We will be accepting no more than 15 students, 16-18 years old.
Wednesday, December 12, 2018, from 6pm-8pm,
6pm – 7:30pm
3-minute slots – choose from two of the following:
- 1 contemporary monologue from a play, movie, TV show, musical, etc.
- 1 32-bar selection from the musical theatre canon
- 1 32-bar selection from the musical theatre canon (differing style from the first) OR from any musical genre
7:30pm – 8pm
Movement/Dance call (Required)
NOTE: One of your audition selections MUST be from the musical theatre canon.
Please bring a resume of applicable experience as well as sheet music in the appropriate key; a accompanist will be provided.
Please note: The Theatre Tulsa Young Artist Program is a 12-week intensive meant for dedicated and talented young performers who are committed to exploring a potential career in the theatre. Acceptance into this program is contingent upon a written agreement from student and parent to attend every weekly seminar and to make every effort possible to attend additional rehearsals and events as scheduled.
In an effort to provide our community with engaging educational programming regardless of socioeconomic background, we are proud to offer full scholarships to all accepted students!